New & Noteworthy
This page lists the enhancements and new features brought by Roboconf 0.4.
You can now install Roboconf’s manager and agents in (almost) a single command-line thanks to Debian packages.
sudo apt-get install roboconf-dm
sudo apt-get install roboconf-agent
- New parameters to generate a Docker image for Roboconf.
- Create Docker containers locally or on a remote VM created by Roboconf.
- Support Docker options and privileges for Docker containers.
- Better performances.
The web administration was completely reworked.
- Listing provides handy shortcuts and information.
- Better feedback about possible actions.
Instances management was improved.
Available actions and display were reviewed.
Instance creation is now possible.
The menu was reduced and made contextual.
Applications are now all created from a skeleton (or template).
Upload a ZIP defining an application and instantiate it as many as times as you want.
Applications and application templates are managed separately.
Apache Storm Tutorial
A tutorial was written to show how one can deploy a light « Big Data » stack based on Apache Storm.
It explains the basis of Storm, how its deployment is managed by Roboconf and how to run it.
A lot of enhancements have been brought to this new version.
And many bugs were fixed too. Please, refer to the release notes for details.